Monday 10 November 2014

My Pitch







I recently partook in a pitch, where I discussed: my artist, my chosen song for my music video and the story that I'm going to try and portray within the music video.

I found doing a pitch to be really helpful as it allowed me to voice my opinions and initial ideas. Moreover, this sort of set up mimics what actually happens in the media industry as ideas are put forward in this professional manner in front of a record company and a group of producers.


It also was a big help as having to talk through my ideas to an audience and seeing their reactions helped me separate what aspects of my plan were strong and which were weak or confusing. The main thing I have taken from presenting my pitch was the valuable feedback I gained from my peers and my teacher.

Below is some of the feedback I received from my teachers and peers. Fortunately, my feedback was fairly positive and all the causes of concern such as being able to retrieve a Chaise long for the therapist scene, which has now been resolved by my fellow peer. 



There was also a suggestion to film the performance part of the video at a bandstand, which sounded pretty interesting because my teacher suggested the emptiness of the bandstand could be a reflection of how my artist feel, which would then give my video even more depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment