Monday 3 November 2014

How will I use Goodwin's elements within my video?



I will have frequent references to the notion of looking and I will show the voyeuristic treatment of the female body by showing my artist looking at herself in the mirror and using close ups of the zip of her dress when she is changing. The notion of looking includes men or women being portrayed seductively or if there is eye contact with the camera, this will feature heavily in my video as it is quite a sultry song and my artist will be quite a seductive and alluring character in parts of the video. My video will acquire the notion of looking as it references the use of props. e.g. Mirrors and cameras.

There is a succinct relationship between music and visuals. e.g. either illustrative, amplifying, contradicting this will feature in my video as I'm basing my narrative on a girl telling the audience her life story, therefore illustration and amplification will be key.

Record companies tends to have certain demands for their artist and my record label isn't any different. They often include the need for lots of close ups of the artist and the artist will have a visual style which recurs across their work. The “4th wall” will be broken in my video because there will elements of performance, which is a direct address to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment