Wednesday 12 November 2014

Feedback from my peers and teachers



  • I contemplated changing the song to be about the demise of my artists career by making it about a dancer who is throwing her potential away by tuning up to rehearsals late and being drunk on set but I was informed that by changing this it would make it too confusing for the audience to follow. 
  • However by talking to another peer, she helped me to develop this idea by suggesting that the song could be about her past, my artist could have been a budding dancer when she was younger (which suits because the rest of the dancers look really young.) To ensure that she looks older in the rest of the footage I'll be using more make up to age my artist and her costume would be more glamorous and sophisticated.
  • For the section in the video where my artist walks away from the rehearsal after being yelled out, my peer suggested that I should slow that part down for added effect and also to match the sultriness of the song. She also suggested that I could add an effect to that scene; to make it more grainy to imply that it is a faded memory.
  • I  received another idea to cut between the ensemble of dancers dancing and my artist strolling down the streets of Camden with a cup of coffee in her hand, to show the audience where she is supposed to be. Thus highlighting to the audience that she is late for a rehearsal that has already started which would then make it even more clear when I show her getting yelled at by the choreographer. 
  • I came across an issue with my video as I found that my footage wasn't in HD, so I was suggested to turn the footage I had already filmed into a movie, where my artist would be watching herself in the therapist scene, as if it was a past memory to show her mental state. 
  • I was then suggested to have my artist come out of the screen and confront herself, the actress who was sitting down watching herself on the screen will then turn around on the stage as she is watching the artist pass her will then turn into that artist performing on stage. I then suggested to have diegetic sounds of crowds cheering when this transition happens and they really like that idea.
  • For the opening scene, I was advised to create an inception inspired scene by showing my artist watching herself, watching herself being interviewed. To do this, I'd shoot my artist being interviewed and mask my artist into the scene to show her watching the interview and then I'd cut  to show my artist watching this on a big screen, which is her mind. 
  • Below is a screenshot of an image I wanted to choose for my front cover. However the feedback I received was that although the image looks good it will be better suited for one of the inside panels as there wouldn't be enough space for the writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment